Albums

Here's all my pics on facebook for those of you who don't have an account, you can still see them!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Takapuna


Takapuna is probably one of our favorite beaches... although we haven't seen the West Coast beaches yet which are supposed to be amazing. We'll be surfing on Piha this weekend though so stay tuned for that! Last Tuesday some of us went to Takapuna because a guy told us he was bringing a bunch of paddle boards that we could try out for free! So we all got to go paddle boarding! So much fun! It's basically a surf board with areas to put your feet and you just paddle around and try and keep your balance. I was doing great until I tried to surf in a wave at the end and then just completely crashed. It was actually a little chilly but it didn't even matter because the water was so warm. Daniela and I went swimming after too because we just love the oceannn. I should do a post about friends soon because I am making a ton of good friends in our Loyola group that I probably wouldn't have met otherwise! Everyone here loves adventure and outdoor activities so we all get along well.




In this pic is Shauna, me, DK, Emily, and Chris... some friends from the Loyola crew!


After we went paddle boarding a bunch of races started up on the beach! There was a run, paddle boarding, swimming, and kayaking. We wished we had signed up for one when it started and won a prize... but maybe another time we will! I don't know how good we'd be at the paddle boarding race, it was hard to keep your balance! Here's a pic of all the races going on and some runners falling behind :)

the volcano in the background is Rangitoto. we are hiking it this weekend!


1 comment:

  1. OH MY!!! I'm exhausted just reading about all of your adventures!!! No need to tell you..."ENJOY"!!!

    I really love to read your blog and see your pics!

    ReplyDelete