Albums

Here's all my pics on facebook for those of you who don't have an account, you can still see them!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bungying off Auckland Harbor Bridge!!!


I survived!!!! Probably the craziest thing I've ever done... and completely worth it. A small group of us from Loyola went together and booked it through base travel (got a discount and free pics/a shirt!) Others are saving up to do the big Nevis bungy in the South Island which is 134 meters... 3rd highest in the world... so we'll see about that one. But the bridge one was AWESOME. We got driven to the harbor bridge and had to walk underneath it... seriously was scary just doing the walk haha. When we got up to where we were jumping from there were a bunch of NZ bungy guys ready for us. We figured out the pattern was by weight... so we all waited impatiently to jump watching people go one at a time! I wasn't too nervous until I actually was standing on the edge and the guy told me to put my feet over the edge so my toes were sticking out. Then as I'm freaking out standing there, he made me wait for a ferry to get closer so they could all watch me!!! The entire ferry had their cameras out, so I'm pretty much famous now. Then he counted down 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. and I dove off head first!!!! CRAZY! I started coming up before I hit the water so it wasn't like we were diving into the water without resistance. The top of my head and hands skimmed the water... other people went in all the way to their socks, some didn't get wet at all. Definitely an experience I will remember forever! They said if we wanted to go again in the next 6 months it would only be $60 NZ... which is like 40 something US... so I might just have to do it again before I leave ;)

we made it!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Krista,

    This sounds incredibly scary but exciting--it seems like there's a lot of adventure to be had in New Zealand. Would you be interested in writing a guest post on my site for women travelers, www.pinkpangea.com? It would be great if you could send a photo of yourself in New Zealand, and write about your experiences there, providing helpful information for other women who want to travel there. You can email me at rachel@pinkpangea.com.

    Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Rachel
    @pinkpangea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista,

    You amaze me!!! Which one of the family will you get to join you on your next bungy jump?!?! Hmmm...can't wait to see pics of the whole family when they join you!!!

    Love You,
    Auntie Cheryl

    ReplyDelete