Albums

Here's all my pics on facebook for those of you who don't have an account, you can still see them!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Surfing on Piha


I learned how to surf! It was a blast. This is a picture of Piha, a west coast beach where we surfed. We had to meet at Base Travel at 7:30AM which lead to an early awakening. Everyone was exhausted from big walks the day before (some of my friends did Tongariro Crossing which we're doing in a few weeks) and we did the big Coast to Coast. So we were hurting! But before we knew it the sun came out and we were all ready for a great day of surfing. Our instructors gave us a lesson on the sand first and we practiced the steps to standing up on the board and positioning. Then we headed to the water! It was tough at first, but I got it pretty quick! I stood up almost every time and was loving every minute of it. We then took a quick lunch break and went back out for more, but the waves were getting rough and a riptide was forming so we had to cut the day short. They took us on a 30 minute hike to a waterfall, so it was worth it! Overall, an incredibly fun day and I definitely want to try surfing again sometime. The next morning my entire body was sore... especially my arms from laying and standing so many times!

Daniela and I in our wetsuits ready to go
waterfall!

No comments:

Post a Comment